Welcome to Green Oaks School/Green Oaks Adult Learning and thank you for your interest. We seek to provide the best educational program for most individuals with an intellectual disability. As such, our program is not for everyone. We will carefully work with families to determine appropriateness of the program for the student and of the student for the program. Before applying, please read the following Admissions Criteria.
- Students must be turning five by January of the current school year. There is no upper age limit for GOAL.
- Students must be free from significant medical or physical concerns.
- All students are to be completely and independently toilet trained, unless a very specific conversation is held with a Director. (Exceptions may be considered for students under seven years old.)
- Students must be free from significant behavior concerns. Students demonstrating behaviors that are harmful or disruptive to the Green Oaks community will not be admitted and may be dismissed if behaviors emerge after acceptance.
- Students are expected to fit the program we offer. Those who may require significant modification of the program, or those for whom Green Oaks is not suitable, will be referred to other programs or schools whenever possible.
How to Apply
*Note - Call and schedule a family visit at the school with a school Director before starting the online application.
Applying is easy using our Online Application. We encourage families to apply online as it simplifies submission and provides parents a tool for tracking online the status of their admission after their application has been submitted. A non-refundable fee of $75 must be submitted with each application.
Create an Online Application
To begin the Online Application process, Create an Account
. Then log in to your account and Create A New Student Application
for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application.
After submitting the application, you will be able to track online your admissions status at the school by logging in to your account. There you will be able to print the completed applications, monitor when the school receives supplemental application forms and, if necessary, reprint the supplemental forms.
Request More Information
Should you desire more information than is available on our website, please Request More Information
and our Admissions Office will contact you.
We Look Forward to Meeting You
If you have not already done so, please make an appointment. We would very much like to meet you and encourage you to tour our school and campus.
We appreciate your interest and hope to assist you any way we can. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at 817-861-5000.
Green Oaks School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Green Oaks School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.